Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fashion Illustration Final

I finally got done with my summer semester at SLCC (Salt Lake Community College). I received A's in most of my classes but the one that I am most proud of was the A that I got on my final in Fashion Illustration I. We were supposed to come up with a total of five garments on four croquis (don't ask what that means or how to say it, it is just a fancy word for 'fashion figure'). Flat pictures of the garments also had to be included. They all had to be along a continuous theme and they all had to go together. I did five croquis and thirteen garments and I am proud of each one of them!

I did a small collection of cocktail evening wear with a Samurai and Butterfly theme for Fall 2010. When I was designing this collection I was thinking of designing for a customer who was definitely not a wall-flower. She is smart, young, single, out of college, and successful in her chosen profession.

Enjoy my collection!




This was a pair of what I initially thought would be black leather pants, but then I had decided that maybe black denim would probably be more comfortable and practical. Iridescent chiffon flounces are sewn onto the side seams and a geometric black beaded embellishment is in-between the two flounces. The jacket is a silk brocade with a green crepe de chine lining. The tank top has a flared bottom and is made from silk jersey.




This is probably one of my favorite looks in the collection. It begins with a peridot green blouse made from silk charmeuse and organza with a ruched merry widow style bodice. The sleeves are a dolman style variation on a bishop sleeve. I also initially thought that the skirt would be leather but I think that a satin would be better suited for it. It has iridescent ruched inserts on the hip and the same beaded trim and flounces as the previous pants.




This is a kimono style jacket with a matching dress underneath. It uses the same brocade as the first piece and has ruching on the sleeves and the beaded trim all around it with grosgrain ribbon as a trim for the neckline. It is made from a sapphire blue dupioni silk and the jacket is lined with a sea foam blue silk velvet.




Yet again, I think that denim is more in store for the pants. The side parts are ruched iridescent chiffon with the beaded trim. There is another silk jersey tank top with a georgette overlay; both are flared at the bottom. A yellow dupioni vest with and obi belt and an asymmetrical button placket. There is also an empire waisted blouson top to go over the tank top.




This is a ruched cocktail dress with a high neckline in the front and a deep vee neck in the back. it has the same beading that all of the other looks have. It also has an iridescent chiffon cape that hooks on the inside with hooks and eyes so you could be a little more covered up and dramatic upon your entrance to a party but you may take it off and dance when you take it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment